Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Friday, October 24, 2014

10/14/14 Happiness Times 4

So I have a few things to report this week. 

One: apparently the cold snap was just a cold snap, and it's gotten pretty warm again. But it's pouring at the moment, so that cools things down. But I still love boots, so I'm wearing them anyway. Two: I cut my bangs. Myself. In the bathroom. With tiny sewing scissors. That was fun. But I think it looks pretty good, so I'm not complaining. Just bragging :) Three: I bought a skirt at a thrift store for $1.25 that's adorable and has pockets. Success! Aaannnddd, four: WE COMMITTED ARACELI AND HER FAMILY TO BAPTISM!!!

No way, right?! She set the date herself and committed to bringing to kids to mutual and having a tour of the church. They also committed to family prayer and reading every night. The youngest girl didn't want to be baptized yet, well she does but she's scared of water. So we are working on that. And the boy, Charlie, has never really sat in on any of the lessons. He's too busy playing video games and seems to think this is a girl thing. But hopefully YMs and meeting the elders on Sunday will spark some curiosity. But still, YAY! The ward here hasn't seen a convert baptism in over a year. Can you believe we tracted into her, and have only been teaching them for three weeks? So excited! We had brought a member with us (Grandma Sally, a rather interesting and passionate woman, but good with kids) who's a covert. I think when she told her conversion story, that's what really did it. The Spirit was strong and it really touched all of us. The power of members. For all you non-missionaries, you really need to go out with us missionaries sometimes. We know you're busy, but the Spirit and fellowship you guys bring is astounding.

My ward here is great! I love everyone in it! It's a bit small, but everyone is so kind and loving and willing to help in anyway they can. I just wish we could get more investigators to the building. Once there, they wouldn't be able to escape the love and Spirit all the members bring.
Love you all sooooo much!
Sister Garver

P.S. Sorry we didn't write yesterday. Pday was moved to today because of Columbus Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment