Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

11/10/14 - The Lord's Work is Awesome

I have very little time today seeing as we had three people who could only see us on Monday :( But that's okay, they come first. We are here on the Lord's time.
We have three more baptisms this Friday: Araceli's three girls. And hopefully we can have one more next week if he's ready for it by then. Yeah, I know. This is a ton of baptisms this month! The area hasn't had a baptism in over a year and now we've had one and four more scheduled this month, with another woman we plan to put on date this week. It's so cool to see the Lord work! The only problem with the baptism on Friday is that we don't have three jumpsuits in the right sizes. Oh well, the ward is getting on that problem.
Awesome story for this week: we got in with a woman that we tracted into two months ago! We hadn't gotten in with her, we couldn't get in touch with her besides a few texts and then there was a death in the family. But for some reason, we felt like we shouldn't give up on her. Finally we were able to set up an appointment out of the blue, she was excited to see us, and was super open. And while she started off saying, "I don't care what church I go to as long as they only read from the Bible," by the end she was curious and willing to read from the Book of Mormon! And she told us next time we came over she would make sure her daughter would sit in with us as well.
Love you all!
Sister Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment