Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

12/22/14 Christmas Week

Sorry I didn't send out an email last week! The computer crashed mid session and wouldn't let us back on. Problems.

This past week has been pretty fun, and a bit rough at the same time. But lets start with the fun.
Temple! As a Christmas present, the president let all the missionaries go to the temple! All the sisters went on Thursday. I've missed it, and it was amazing to be able to go again. There were so many sisters that we took up three sessions. We also had a missionary Christmas program/party that we put on that went pretty well, and I got to see and talk to all the elders that had been transferred from Kennesaw, as well as my entire district from the MTC! We chatted with them pretty much the entire time. They were all so surprised when Sister Hanks and I told them we were companions again :) 

And more fantastic news, we got in with Rosemary again! I cannot tell you how thrilled I was when we stopped by, just one more time, and then she let us in! She told us that it had been really hard since she had stopped meeting with us and that the little love texts we had sent her every once and a while had made such a difference and that she knew that we loved her. She wants to meet with us again!!! We are going to proceed slowly, not at 100mph like we were last time, but my adopted grandma and I are together again :D Nuna, thank you so much for the little letter you sent me, it really helped.

I got two packages from you and one from Nuna and Papa. I can't wait until Christmas! It is SO hard not opening them! That beautiful wrapping paper is soooo tempting. I'm glad you got mine though! The presents aren't much, but I wanted to remind you that I love you :) Plus, Christmas is coming up and I get to Skype home this week!!! I cannot wait! Emails are great, letters are awesome, packages are thrilling, but skyping...I can't stop bouncing just thinking about it!!!! Mom, Dad, Rachel, Sydney, possibly Andrew and Emily if you can figure it out...I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!

The rough part was that I got sick this week. I got an annoying little cold. I was blowing my nose throughout the entire temple session and made singing in the missionary Christmas program a little more difficult. But I persevered and it turned out alright! I'm still coughing a little bit, but I should be right as rain come Christmas and all the caroling we have planned.

I love all of you so much and wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Sister Garver



No comments:

Post a Comment