Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

1/5/15 Four Months!

Happy New Years!

New Years Eve wasn't that special for us. We still were home by 9 and up at 6:30 the next morning. We still tracted and taught. The only things that made that day different was a birthday party for a member in the ward turning 80 who invited us and 8 nonmembers for us to meet and do our best to convert, and having a very southern dinner of black eyed peas, collared greens, rice and hot sauce. Apparently everyone down here eats it on New Years Eve. The black eyed peas are for luck and the collared greens are for money for the upcoming year. For those of you who know me well, spicy/hot stuff is not really my thing, but just a little mixed with the rice, greens and peas was actually surprisingly good. Oh, but the greens by themselves are nasty. Don't eat them.

Since getting back in with Rosemary, things have been going great! She actually fed us and we had a movie night with her! We watched 17 Miracles and pretty much all cried through the entire thing. Well, except those parts with that extremely sappy couple. Then we just laughed at them. Afterwards we were able to teach her all about temples, eternal families, missions, and service. We're going to have another movie night either this week or next and watch Ephrim's Rescue. Have any of you seen Legacy? Is it good? How long is it?

We also got in with Jimmy after his month long vacation visiting his son. Miracle! We thought we were going over there to get dropped because he wasn't answering our calls or messages or anything, but we got there and he said "So about getting baptized, when are we doing this?" Sister Hanks and I were both flabbergasted. Plus, church is now at 9 instead of 11:30, so he can actually come to church. YES! So excited! So we set the 17th as his baptismal date and are starting to make plans :D

Love you all!
Sister Garver

P.S. Thanks for the best Christmas ever!





No comments:

Post a Comment