Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, September 22, 2014

9/10/14, part 2 But Wait, There's More!

Thanks for the two letters you sent me. This first week started off super slow but by the end its been going by really fast! Im loving my times here! My whole zone is from Utah, and now I see what people mean when they talk about Utah Mormons being a bit different. They are still really fun and awesome though! My whole district has become good friends and we have a blast together in class. 


The food here is almost identical to what they serve at BYU, so its pretty good. Meaning I have to work at not eating dessert with every meal! Im doing pretty good at it though. The spirit here is amazing and I can feel myself growing so much! I feel like a totally different person than I was last week. And I know by Tuesday when I leave I'll be that much more than I am now. People here constantly talk about how hard it is and how much they miss their family and how they all thought at one time about going home, but I have never felt that way. Yes, it was exhausting the first few days, but it was also so much fun! I never thought it was hard, just tiring. But it was so worth it, I didn't want to change anything. Why would anyone want to leave this amazing Spirit? Im having a blast!

I do admit though that I was a bit sad today. I opened up my mailbox, and the only thing in it was a letter from Rachael from California. I miss you guys! Email me! Mom, I know you just missed me, but I wouldn't mind emails from the girls too. Oh, and can you send Nuna and Papa, Andrew, and Kevin's emails? Oh, and Grandma's too? That would be fantastic. 
I love you so much Mom!
Sister Alicia Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment