Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, September 22, 2014

9/13/14 Missing Pockets

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow is my second, and last, Sunday here at the MTC, and I'm ready to go. We report to the Travel Office Tuesday at 3:30 a.m. I hope I can sleep on the plane. It's early, but I'm so ready to go. I've learned a ton and I've grown a lot, and I know I still have so far to go, but I can't wait to get to Georgia. I feel like there's not much more I can learn in here; I need to actually get out there and get to work.

Being with someone 24/7 is harder than I thought it would be. I love everyone in my district so much, but there are times I just want to be alone and study. That's something that I'm working on, but I have to pray for patience more than once a day. But by the time you get this, I'll probably be in Georgia with my new companion and I'll be starting fresh once again.

Papa just sent me cinnamon rolls! It was so nice to get something small and random like that and I felt so loved! Even if I only ate a few and shared the rest. (They have dessert available for every meal!) I've been trying to be good and stay away from the sugar, but I had to eat some cinnamon rolls. :)

I don't have my new address for the Georgia mission home (you might) but I do need a few things. Sorry. I need more contacts please. I only have the one pair and I think I'm going to need new ones pretty soon.  I also need more shirts and cardigans but I don't know if I should just try to buy those in Georgia. I also need your phone numbers! I was lazy and didn't memorize them and am now regretting it. :(  Oh, and maybe some more socks for my tennis shoes. I only brought two pairs and I use them to work out every morning. Ew.

Of everything I left behind, I miss pockets most. More than phones, books, movies, or jeans, I miss pockets. None of you have ever appreciated them as much as you should. Oh! That and jackets. I'm sure it'll be different in Georgia, but I'm constantly cold here. There will be 10 of us in the room, the air conditioning will be blasting, and literally everyone but me is fine. Full blast air and I'm huddling as far from the vents as possible, in my thickest cardigan, dying. And at night I often wake up around 3:00 because I'm so stinking cold! But everyone else is fine. Why? I can't wait for Georgia heat. Of course it'll be fall, so I'm not sure that'll help too much.

Andrew said it before and I'm saying it again: I really wish I had been better in Seminary. Scripture Masteries would have helped a TON! I can sometimes remember what one was and how perfect it would be to share but I can't remember really how it goes or where it is. It's so frustrating! Rachel, Sydney, pay attention. They seem pointless now, but someday you'll thank me. Even if you girls don't end up going on missions.

I love my lessons here. I love my teachers. I love my district. I love my elders and sisters I spend my days with. I love the Book of Mormon. I love everyone back home. I love my Father in Heaven and His Son.

I love you all!

Sister Garver

P.S. A brown belt might be nice too. But if you want me to get that in Georgia, I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment