Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, September 22, 2014

9/14/14 Today Was Amazing!

Hello again!

Today was amazing! Sister Hanks and I taught our district during district meeting, about the Atonement. For an hour. I was rather worried about it as you can imagine, especially as Sister Hanks doesn't really believe in planning, and she's senior companion this week. But she was amazing! And I was amazing! The Spirit was so strong and my own testimony was reaffirmed and strengthened. I admit my voice was trembling the entire time and my throat still hurts 6 hours later from the strain of trying not to cry. 

It was a miracle! I had only planned for 15 minutes, but ended up with a half hour. But for some reason, I wasn't nervous at all once I began teaching. I guess I just knew what to say, what stories to tell, and what scriptures to share. I wasn't the only one sniffing during the closing prayer. If that's how I'm going to teach in Georgia, I can't wait to go! I want others to know the same truth I know, to feel the joy that comes from the gospel, or, as we have been taught, from faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I can't wait to go. I know the Lord needs me to help bring His children back to Him.

I've come to love everyone here, and I'm going to miss them all a lot. Especially Elder Lowman, Elder Hodson, and Sister Hanks. We've all become really close and I'll miss the Elders most because I won't really be able to see them again after tomorrow. But I got everyone's emails, so I can email them once I get home.

Please don't be mad at me. I'm allowed to call right after we land in Georgia, but I don't have your numbers memorized, so I'm going to call Nuna and Papa. If they pick up. They sent their number with the cinnamon rolls. Sorry! I'm going to call Rachel's cell (because I remember that one) and leave a message. Just remember I love all of you so much and I think of you guys every day.

I'll email everyone on my next P-day and send pictures, but I'm not sure when that will be. But I'd love emails back, so write anyway, so I can look forward to opening my mail.

I love you all sooooo much!

Love,
Sister Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment