Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, September 22, 2014

9/16/14 I Made It!

Hey everyone!

I made it to Georgia safe and sound! The flight was nice and almost everyone fell asleep. Getting up at 2:40 a.m. does that to a person. I can't fall asleep sitting up though, so I read and wrote in my journal. I called Nuna and Papa, and Rachel, before I got on the plane, but no one picked up, so I left messages just saying I love you!

When we got off the plane, the mission president and his wife, the Bennions, were waiting for us. They took our luggage, handed us a Book of Mormon, and pushed us on a train to begin. And we had to work by ourselves. No Sister Hanks. It was actually really cool! I didn't feel nervous at all! The first guy I talked to was convinced there was no God and that He was just a figment of less educated and sharp minds. But he also loved to talk, so I listened and got in a few words and gave him a mormon.org card.

The woman I talked to was amazing! She knew and loved God and Christ and actually asked me questions and was interested in what I had to say. I told her about prophets, about Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon, and she told me she wanted to know more! It was awesome!

We ate at President Bennion's house and are just starting to nod off (even though we still have 3 hours before bed). We meet our new companions and get our new bikes tomorrow. I'm so excited!

I love you all tons!

Sister Garver



No comments:

Post a Comment