Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

7/20/15 Amazing

So I have finally learned a lesson that the Lord has been trying to
teach me my whole mission. I have gone on a ton of exchanges and every
single time, what I got out of it was: talk to EVERYONE! And I was
always like, yeah! I'll do that! That is so amazing! Miracles galore!
And then, nope, doesn't happen. But, seeing as I have to give my very
first training during Zone Conference as an STL tomorrow on finding, I
decided to finally give it a try. And oh boy, but I've learned my
lesson. After 6 MONTHS of struggling to find new investigators, or
help them progress, this week we've found six. Six! In one week! We've
found so many with great potential and we've talked to tons everyday.
It has been amazing! True, we talked to a ton who were not even
slightly interested, and met a few...interesting people (grown men
should not wear panties, let alone answer the door wearing little
else), but the Lord led us to such awesome people as well.

This week has been so hot!!! 98 and humid is not a lot of fun, even
for a cold blooded human such as myself. All the Georgians have the
right idea: go on vacation,or live in the pool. Every neighborhood had
a community pool, and everyone lives there from sun up to sun down.
However, us poor missionaries must only look longingly on as we sweat
and burn.  The only ones who are flourishing in the heat is the bugs.
Sister Blair and I agree that my legs look like I have a serious case
of chicken pox. We've killed several cockroaches inside of our
apartment in the past few weeks and they are everywhere outside in the
evenings. We so the world a service as we tract, because we have made
it part of our work to destroy all spiders and webs around the doors
we knock, some of which are nasty. But we press on, drink as much
water as we can, strive to be obedient, talk to everyone we see, step
on anything that moves, and we are starting to see success.

Love ya'll!
Sister Garver

P.S. We even found a melted crayon on someone's driveway. So, yeah, it's hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment