Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

8/31/15 Spoiled Rotten

So Lawrenceville Ward likes their sisters. There are two sets of
elders. They got fed twice this week. We got fed daily. And two
families brought us goodies at church. And another gave us half a
chocolate cake. And another told us they were going to make us a
personalized wooden pen each. And every member I've talked to have
told us that they prefer sisters. Elders are great and all, but....
Yup. I'm starting to feel very loved, very chubby, and very bad for
the elders.

The ward is trying to get us daily team ups to do whatever with us
that we need. Sometimes that is awesome and just downright wonderful,
sometimes it can be a bit uncomfortable for them (like tracting with
us, they don't like that. I love tracting though); or sometimes they
can be very uncomfortable for us. Take last night for example. Please.
A team up is to fellowship, bear testimony, and, when invited, to
simply and clearly teach a point. We are the teachers, and have been
set apart and trained to be so. Please be careful how dominating, how
deep, and how bold you are on team ups. Be careful what you say. Team
ups are something we both long for and are fearful of.

The weather has cooled down a ton this week. I heard it was supposed
to go back up again, but this week has been that perfect autumn
weather. Stunning. We could tract all day in this! Which is awesome,
because that is most of what we do. Still in the finding phase of the
work, but the elect are out there and we will find them!

Love ya'll!
Sister Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment