Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

7/27/15 A Full Week

This week has been fun! Zone Conference, exchanges, Chinese Costco,
roaches, teaching a Greek lady, learning to french braid, and miracles
at church!

Zone Conference was awesome! Especially because the High Councilor who
was asked to speak talked forever and a half, so half of our training
was cut out completely and the other half we were asked to do in 3
minutes. 😊 But both President and his wife spoke, which was amazing
and the Assistants gave a great training as well. The emphasis right
now is really focused on finding and obedience and just loving being a
missionary.

Exchanges were a ton of fun! I love going on exchanges with other
sisters because we get to see the way they teach, learn from them and
miracles always always happen.

One of the Chinese members took us to Great Wall, or as Sister Blair
aptly puts it, Chinese Costco. Super cool and a ton of fun! The walls
are lined with restaurants and they all look...different. So I tried
lamb for the first time. I kinda wanted to try the whole fish or the
wonton soup though. Or the milkshake bread bun. Hmm, choices, choices.
Next time :)

Roaches in our apartments is a given, but this time the elders were on
speaker when we saw one. That was fun :) I think they both just about
died laughing. But roaches are NOT allowed in my kitchen thank you
very much.

And I'll just skip to the last one. We were planning on two
investigators coming to church today, and were burned when neither
came. However seven less actives showed up instead! Two of them were a
family that we've been working with for a long time, but lost contact
with for three weeks. And they just showed up! And stayed for all
three hours for the first time! AND they invited us over for dinner
and FHE tonight!!! Happy missionary :) The best times on a mission and
the most successful times, are really when we don't do much. The Lord
just plops all the perfect people into our laps :)

Love ya'll!
Sister Garver

P.S. I thought I might share the cutest picture of a puppy peeking through the window.


No comments:

Post a Comment