Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, August 10, 2020

10/26/15 Lindy and Danielle

 Lindy and Danielle got baptized!! Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!


We were really worried, because Danielle is super duper shy. Would she
refuse at the last minute? But she didn't! She didn't want to get
baptized in front of all the people who came, so Lindy got baptized
first and then we asked everyone to go back to the RS room. Danielle
got baptized with only us, her mom, and the two witnesses to watch.
Smallest baptism every, but it was sooo powerful. She afterwards told
us that she wanted to do it again because she felt so good inside! Ah!
This is the reason we're here.


Zone Conference was this week as well. Loved it, like normal :) It was
all based on the attributes of Christ. As missionaries, and as
members, we really have to strive not just to live like Christ, but to
try to become like Him; to emulate His divine qualities like faith,
hope, charity, patience, diligence, obedience, virtue, and humility.
Sister Martinez and I had to train on obedience, which went well, but
President blew everyone out of the water with his training on pride
and humility. So much to be learned on that subject. Particularly by
me...

Oh, and by the way, I'm thinking about chopping my hair off to just
below my shoulders. Thought? Comments? Objections?

Love ya'll!
Sister Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment