Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, August 10, 2020

9/1/14 And She's Off!

In October of 2012 we were watching General Conference when President Thomas S. Monson announced a policy change to the age at which missionaries were able to serve. Young men could leave as early as 18, and young women could leave as early as 19. Excitement exploded among young people everywhere, including our house, when Alicia shouted, "I'm going on a mission!!" That excitement continued, and after one year of college at BYU, Alicia submitted her papers and received a call to the Georgia Atlanta North Mission.

Shopping was one of her least favorite things, so that was the hardest part of getting ready, but all the women in our family loved helping her.


Then lots of hugs and well wishes from everyone, hoping to squeeze enough love into her to last until we were together again.






And then, just like that, she was off for the adventure of her life. We love you, Sister Garver!


No comments:

Post a Comment