Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, August 10, 2020

9/14/15 Stone Mountain

 Sorry for the late email today! We just got back from a Sister's 

Preparation Day. We hiked Stone Mountain!!! It was a blast! It's

basically this huge slab of rock that decided to place itself in the
middle of Georgia. Flat, trees, green....big random rock. Let's climb
it! It was big enough and steep enough to be fun and a bit
challenging, without overdoing it. So much easier than that hike to
the Y right before I came out here. That was a blast, but this was
(generally) a much shallower slope. It was a TON of fun!

Plus, this whole week has been a great one! I gave a training in Zone
Training Meeting and a talk in church which both went pretty well due
to a lot of help from on high. We put two people on date for baptism,
got a number of referrals from the elders, met nearly all of our
goals, the weather is STUNNING, we found 4 new investigators, and when
I finally bought a scale today, I saw I hadn't gained weight even
after all the spoiling that's been going on. And it's never too early
to listen to Christmas music. Cuz Sister Kinser is awesome like that.

Oh! Funny story time! A sister in the ward just returned from her
mission in California this week and spent the whole day with us on
Thursday. We went to our appointment, and she dropped us because her
husband didn't want her to meet with us. Sad day :( So we decided to
knock three doors in the area before leaving. As we walking up to this
first door, a group of young kids playing outside called out to us and
told us no one was home. So we went up to them and asked if their
parents were home. All of them pointed in different directions and
said "Yup! Go talk to my parents!" They then turned and glared at one
another and started yelling. "Go talk to my parents!" "No, talk to MY
parents!" "No! Talk to mine first!" "MINE first!" "Go to that door!"
"No, this one first!" It was hilarious!! None of us really knew where
to turn first. Alright, everyone calm down. We'll talk to everybody.
And as it turned out we did get two return appointments from calling
on the parents! It was precious! Best referrals I've ever gotten 😆

Love ya'll!
Sister Garver

The first pic has Atlanta in the distance! Sweet!



The second is a random guy we met on the trail and befriended. So he
took a selfie with us :) And no, that arm behind me actually belongs
to Sister Cunningham. I am not posing. We met and talked to so many
people on the trail! It was great! Plus, we sang "High on the
Mountaintop" and people started clapping after. So cool. They'll all
be baptized some day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment