Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, August 10, 2020

10/5/15 General Conference and my Double Birthday

This week has been a BLAST!

I was able to go to MLC this week again! Yay! It's always great to get
together with everyone and feel that spirit. It kinda reminded me of
King Arthur's Knights at the round table, except we were knights of
the Great High King. 'Tis cool :) One thing we went over was D&C 4:2,
and how we cannot exercise our heart by just telling it to exercise,
but instead we have to act, to move our arms and legs. If we want to
strengthen our heart we have to move and work. While I love MLC, being
in meetings from 10ish to 7 is not always my idea of fun. But at the
same time, it was :)

Saturday was General Conference AND my double birthday! I am now
officially 21 years of age and have been out 13 months. How can a day
get better than presents in the morning, a great lesson right after,
Conference in the day (any time you put 10 missionaries in an enclosed
space for 6 hours, you know it's gonna be a party), and then
Chick-fil-A for dinner? Plus, I loved Elder Ballard's talk in the
morning session!

I guess our miracle this week was having so many investigators at
Conference yesterday. We had  four investigators come, including the
two we have on date. It was so much fun to watch sitting next to a 9
year old, made me feel like I was home again with my sisters :)
Conference bingo and origami, 'sigh,' memories 😊 Sorry girls, I know
you're old now, but still.

Love ya'll!
Sister Garver

PS Pictures summing up my relationship with Sister Kinser 😆






No comments:

Post a Comment