Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, August 10, 2020

1/4/16 Plan of Salvation

 Happy 2016! We made it through another year and, according to one of

the senior missionaries, only have 17 left until the second coming. I
love Elder Dixon, he's so cool. We're friends :)

This week has been interesting. We had a busy week, again with less
actives. Since we've made it a point three weeks ago to try to get in
with, or at least make contact with, all the less actives in the ward,
we have been able to get in with 7 to 10 new less actives every week.
It's been amazing. And the Lord has blest us for our efforts and we've
been able to continue to find new investigators and teach lessons just
by knocking a few doors around each less active and by talking to
those we see in the street. It's also been a busy week with a very
intense MLC, exchanges and planning for zone conference. We've been on
our toes.

The New Year came and past and we slept right through it. It was
great. We have had quite a few people tell us that we missed out.
Apparently, Georgia had a big party down in Atlanta and people throng
to go see the Peach Drop, like the ball drops in NYC. Huh. We didn't
do anything special for the day except weekly planning. Yay. Actually
it was a bit of fun. We brought food, blankets, and a mini heater
(church is always cold) to the church building and camped out in the
RS room to plan, so we could use the church's Internet.

Andrew, on Christmas you asked about the program you went through
before you came home. Well, we found out at MLC on Friday that the
program "My Path" is being started in our mission and I'll be part of
the first group to use it. It's a three month online course for
missionaries going home to work on for their last 2 transfers to
prepare them for home. I'm going to have to do it in a month.

Love ya'll!
Sister Garver

PS Winter has struck! It's finally gotten cold!


PPS Teaching the Plan of Salvation to one of my favorite families :)
We told them all to draw it however they wanted as we taught and we
call came up with different ideas. It was fun 🙂





No comments:

Post a Comment