Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, August 10, 2020

12/5/15 Celebration of the Nativity

 This week was so busy! We had preparation day on Monday, weekly

planning on Tuesday (because the rest of the week was packed), temple

trip on Wednesday, District Meeting on Thursday, Mission Leadership
Council (MLC) on Friday, exchanges with a struggling set of sisters on
Saturday, and church and the Celebration of the Nativity on Sunday.
May I just say, I have never been so glad it's Monday. And next week
is going to be super busy as well. Yay.

Well, it was all good stuff. Well, weekly planning is always long and
tiring, but everything else was good. I loved the temple! Driving
there and back in Atlanta rush hour traffic is not my idea of fun, but
the temple itself made it all worth it. And MLC is always fabulous as
well. And what made it even better, is two of my past companions are
STLs together and I got to see them both! I greenie-broke Sister Kang
and trained Sister Gonzalez, and now they are all grown up and leading
others. 'sniff.' I wonder who will be my new STL companion next
transfer with my current counterpart, Sister Martinez, going home in
two weeks.

The Celebration of the Nativity went really well! We had three
investigators come and they all loved it. There were a TON of people
there and the choir concert by the Sugar Hill Choir was fabulous.
Well, the narrator was a bit too dramatic for my taste, but hey,
that's her job. It was fun to see our investigator, Sister Joseph,
getting into the music and swaying and waving along to the Christmas
songs. And Darrion and Joann, the mother and son I've mentioned
before, come as well and how fellowshipped they have been. They are on
date to be baptized on the 19th! Yaaaayyyy!!!

Love ya'll!
Sister Garver






No comments:

Post a Comment