Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, August 10, 2020

11/9/15 Pickles and Reindeer

 Hi everyone!


I've got a few news points this week to update y'all on. Transfers has
come upon us again and I will be staying put in Lawrencevile and
remaining a sister training leader while Sister Kinser will be
transferred out. As for my new companion, any guesses? Da da da DAAAA!
That's right! I am "pregnant" with my fifth daughter! I'm training
again! And I'm thrilled that this transfer will also have the temple
trip and the mission Christmas party!! The entire mission will get
together for the day and I am going to try to get all my girls
together for a family picture. It must happen.

I also have some other big news. I did it. I finally chopped my hair.
And, well, it's about two or thee inches shorter than I asked for, but
what can you do. I think it looks good, I just haven't had hair this
short since I was 7 so it'll take some getting used to. My head
feels...light.


MLC was this week, and that is always a blast! It's great to get
everyone together for the support, for the Spirit that fills that
room, and to inspire us with new ways to improve, teach and learn. Our
mission has had a focus on working with the less actives for the past
six months, and President Bennion told us that at this years Mission
President Training Seminar two weeks ago, that is what the apostles
spent most of the time on. It was cool to see that the Spirit was
directing President just as he does the 12. They also talked of how we
need to be resilient, attractive and authentic. How we are not just on
a mission, or even just missionaries, but we are disciples of Jesus
Christ. How we need to serve. How we need to be one with our ward and
ward council (ha! That'll take some work.). It was great. We all left
glowing :)


So random deep doctrine time. My favorite :) So almost everyone we
talk to down here is friendly and polite and wish us success because
we are all serving one God. That all they care about. Doesn't matter
who you are our really what denomination or even faith you believe in,
we all worship one God. Christian, Muslim, Catholic, we all worship
one God. And it is the wish of almost every person we really talk to
that we stop fighting and join together as one church. In fact, some
insist that it'll be a sign of the second coming when we all join
together as one church. Then I was reading in 1 Nephi 10:14, and it
says in the last days there are only two churches: the church of the
Lamb of God and the church of the devil. What if it means that
literally?! What if, before Christ comes again, all the Christian
churches, or all churches, join together as one, but, of course, the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints would refuse to merge with
the other churches. Then the one church would fight against the church
of the Lamb. That would force us all together to Independence. Where
Christ will come. Boom. Food for thought.

Love ya'll!
Sister Garver

PS Are you confused by my subject line? Good 😋

No comments:

Post a Comment