Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, August 10, 2020

12/21/15 Merry Christmas!

 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


It doesn't really feel like it yet, but with packages arriving, lights
up around the city, Christmas music playing, and the air starting to
get a little nippy, the reality of Christmas is starting to set in.
And there have been so many miracles happening that it has to be
Christmas.

Lawrenceville is really blooming. We are keeping busy and teaching a
really good number of lessons. We saw a great miracle this past week,
the best Christmas present ever, and got to see the two of the most
solid and amazing investigators I've ever found or taught Joann and
Darrion, get baptized on Saturday. They got confirmed during our
Christmas program yesterday. We've only been teaching them for about 6
weeks and it has been stunning to watch them grow and change so
quickly. I think it was a member family that made the difference. They
don't have a car, so we arranged for a couple in the ward to give them
rides to church on Sunday's. And that family went above and beyond
with fellowshipping them. They invited them to dinner several times.
That had them over to watch the Christmas devotional. They took them
to the stake Nativity. They took them to stake conference. They even
bought both of them their own quads. Being converts themselves, they
always stay with them in church, showed them around, explained things
to them, and taught at every opportunity. It has been amazing to see
how much Joann and Darrion have grown under the influence of ward
members rather than just us. They have more solid testimonies, greater
knowledge, and greater confidence than anyone else I have ever taught.
Such a blessing.

We also had our recent convert, Lindy, invite a neighbor of hers to a
lesson with us. We went expecting anything, but there he was and she
was being more forward and bold about the message than we were! She
knew it was true and led the lesson, taught parts of it, and bore
testimony several times. It was sooo amazing! The nicest gift she
could give us :) She's going up to CT for the holiday, but promised to
go to the ward there.

We've also been getting a ton of referrals! Apparently,  the new
Christmas video, A Savior is Born, has done fabulously, and we get a
referral almost every day! Love it! People are just so much more
receptive this time of year!

Sister Tanner and I have just been running this past week to keep on
top of things. And I'm not sure we're succeeding, but we definitely
are trying. And the miracles we have seen have been amazing. Oh, and
correction to my last email. Sister Tanner has been out for 6 months,
not 6 weeks. Sorry. She is great! She's from Sandy, UT and went from
being trainer, to training, to being an STL. She is so much fun to
talk to and she loves to tell stories just as much as I do so we have
a blast going back and forth during car rides :)

I hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas! Eat lots of sugar, take a
long nap, have fun with family, and sing lots of Christmas songs,
because that is what I wish I could be doing with all of you on
Friday! Take lots of pictures and send them to me! Love you and merry
Christmas!! 🌟🌲🎉💖

Love ya'll!
Sister Garver

Sister Tanner, Joann, Darrion, and I at the baptism on Saturday :)


My district before transfers. Elder Wells was going home aka "dying";
his companion is sending him home aka "killing him."



Look! Free gas!






No comments:

Post a Comment