Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, August 10, 2020

9/21/15 Meetings, Sick Days, and Dreams

 This week has been a fun one! We had Sister Kinser's One Month Follow

Up Meeting. She is a month old now :) I LOVE going to those meetings,
because not only do we get to see everyone again, but we get to watch
President Uchtdorf's address to the new mission presidents that we
have special permission to view :) It's about the Atonement of Christ
and how we are all like Peter: weak, fearing, and doubting at first,
flawed, yet once we truly know of the Atonement and the Resurrection,
the Truth and the Plan, we become great, strong, fearless, and bold.
He speaks of who we are (3 Nephi 5:13) and how we should fear no man.
Such an inspiring talk! I've seen it four times now, but I learn
something new each time!

While that was all jolly good fun, the next day was a different form
of fun. Sister Kinser got sick, so we had to spend the whole day home
bound. So what does Sister Garver do stuck inside all day? She goes a
little crazy; she memorized The Living Christ, finished the last nine
books in the Old Testament (yay! I've read the whole Bible!), scrubs
the walls, deep cleans the apartment, and creates and double checks a
ward map with over 200 families on it. Oh, and put a lot of paper
records into the digital system per homework from the office. They
were in Spanish. That was fun. Luckily, there was only one day of
that. I had run out of things to keep me busy. The next day. We took
it slow, but we were able to get back to work.

This week I've also felt like I should start keeping a dream journal.
Before my mission, I never ever remembered my dreams when I woke up,
but since being here, I remember most all of them. None of them make
sense of course. I've decided to write them down anyway. It could be
good ammunition for either a good laugh, or maybe a fun short film
idea. For instance, this week, my sister Rachel developed telepathy
and was instructed in the art of it by Severus Snape, I created life
by dropping a drop of red Gatorade on a contact lens, I got a hole
punched through my stomach but healed nicely, and I sang "I am a Child
of God" in Chinese but got embarrassed because I forgot the words and
flew away to go climb a mountain. That is just a few of the adventures
of the dream self of Sister Garver. Are dreams supposed to be this
random?

Love ya'll!
Sister Garver

No comments:

Post a Comment