Called to Serve

I'm Alicia Garver, and I'm a Mormon. I'm currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to be sharing His message and His love with the people in Georgia.

Come for a ride with me as I share my experiences...by bicycle and walking shoes!

Monday, August 10, 2020

9/28/15 General Women's Session

 I'd like to start my email off with a question. Why doesn't John the

Beloved have a beard? I have never seen any picture or video of him
with facial hair. All the other apostles have beards, and it was the
culture back then, so why doesn't he? Even the traditional The Last
Supper painting that every Christian has, has John facial-hairless.
Huh. Any thoughts? Did I miss a scripture in the New Testament or a
modern revelation or something?

This week has been a good one. Lots of lessons. Lots of cool
conversations. Lots of little mercies of the Lord. Lots of little
miracles.

Women's Session! It was great! I LOVED Sister McConkie's talk! That
hour and a half was so short it shocked me! I am SO EXCITED FOR
GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!! Just sayin'. Plus, at the Women's session, I
got to see Ella again! The investigator I taught, committed to
baptism, planned the baptism, was best friends with, and then moved a
half mile out of out boundaries 6 days before her baptism, and was
transferred to the Lilburn Sisters. Yeah. Not bitter about that. But
she was there! It was sooo good to see her again! She has a calling in
the Young Womens and loves it! Such a blessing for us :)

One of the Area Seventy visited our ward this week, as his daughter
and grandkids are in our ward. His name is Elder Cornish. He spoke in
the Oct 2011 session about prayer if you wanted to look it up. Good
talk. But anyway, the speakers ran a bit short in Sacrament Meeting
and he was asked to give a spur-of-the-moment 15 minute talk. It was
amazing! One of my favorite quotes from him was "Are you putting God
first or yourself? If you put God second, it won't matter what you put
first. It will never be enough." Such a cool guy!

Oh, and I've been called to be an Sister Training Leader again. But I'm
staying in Lawrenceville with Sister Kinser for another transfer. You
know what that means?! I'm actually be able to fully train one of my
daughters!!!

Love ya'll!
Sister Garver

A missionary fireside yesterday with all my favorite people :)

And a new hairstyle I tried out. Liked it, but quickly found out lots

of little braids do not last long without hair ties, no matter how
much hairspray you use :(

No comments:

Post a Comment